Whether you’re trying to sell your home or just make it more inviting for you and your family and guests, a few changes can really augment your curb appeal. A few simple changes we’ve either noticed on our clients’ homes or helped to incorporate are:
1. Adding shutters. Installing simple shutters around windows can add warmth to a house. If you focus only on the windows that face the street, you keep your cost down and make a big impact. Most homeowners can install shutters easily themselves in just a few hours.
2. Improving your lawn. If your lawn is ho-hum, give it a boost by over-seeding in the fall and giving it plenty of ongoing attention. Pest control, weed control and adding fertilizer and other nutrients to your lawn along with consistent watering and mowing will yield great results.
3. Planting a garden. Plant a space with bushes or ornamental grasses or colorful flowers to add some texture and/or color. If you don’t have a lot of ground space available, consider window planters.
4. Updating your front door. Your front entry door should stand out. If it’s covered by a shabby screen door, consider ditching the screen door or replacing it. Many homeowners are painting their front door a vibrant color. Look at photos online to see what bold color may complement the rest of your house and go for it. You can paint your door in a day. If you don’t like it, you can always paint it again.
5. Investing in a hardscape. Adding a cobblestone apron to your driveway or a paver stone walkway to lead to your front door can add an instant “wow!” factor to your home’s exterior while also increasing your home’s value.
If you need help improving your lawn, or planting a garden or installing a hardscape, give us a call at Gardenin’ Angels!
Rodrigo Dos Anjos